Wednesday 9 September 2009

Be on your merry way...

Been listening to Jimmy Reed's 'High and Lonesome', one grimy, loooose blues-bump that always gets me howling at the rafters. Apparently he got turned down by Chess Records because his harmonica and guitar playing wasn't up to scratch. Don't know if they asked Muddy and co. They should know that its all about the Feel.


I'm off home tomorrow for a few days, then on Monday catching the National Express up to Northumberland to stay a week at Throssel Hole Buddhist Abbey (www.throssel.org.uk) . No retreat this time, just a guest, probably to be put to work digging/cooking/cleaning. My pleasure. It will be my third visit to this extraordinary place, and not a moment too soon. I need to take a step back from things. Been feeling rather disenchanted, not to say depressed, with my PhD, and I need to think clearly and carefully about what I want to do next.


Wind ruffling the branches outside my window.
Yet to make acquaintance with
this new day. What might happen,
is yet to be written.

D x

1 comment:

Mugo said...

See yah here...
Mugo